In spring, everything is full of vitality. We emerge from the dark period of winter and return to the budding of new life. As the days become longer, we have the opportunity to restore ourselves physically and energetically. Some people can not adapt to the changes in the spring climate, and they are easily sleepy and irritable. Also, spring is a period of high blood pressure and heart disease.
Yoga, as we all know, is a combination of music, human breathing and posture that exerts a squeeze or stretch on the body, thereby alleviating mental tension and stress, promoting the discharge of toxins from the body, and improving sub-health problems such as the shoulder, neck, and lumbar spine.
Doing yoga in spring will awake your body and soul because as the saying goes, the plan of the year lies in the spring. At the beginning of the year, all things spring up and the gentle breeze makes us comfortable. Practicing yoga in the spring is good for our whole body, so as to let ourselves have a good look in the new year.
With the morning sun, toplus yoga mat will bring you a good mood for the day
What are the benefits of spring yoga?
- Improve immunity and prevent multiple diseases in spring
Practicing yoga during spring can help us to open the meridians, promote blood circulation so as to improve immunity in the end.
- Overcome spring sleepiness
In fact, spring sleepiness is not a disease or a lack of sleep. It is a physiological phenomenon that occurs when human physiological functions change with the natural climate and are the result of seasonal changes. Spring is prone to “spring sleepiness”, especially those who face the computer all day, and practicing spring yoga will overcome the spring sleepiness to some extent.
- Lose weight and prevent weight gaining
Many people hide a winter's excess fat and want to lose it in spring. The best aerobic exercise to lose weight in spring is yoga, which not only has a good weight loss and shaping effect but also has a detoxification and skin rejuvenation effect. Squeezing and stimulating our glands through various forward, backward, backward, left-to-right postures, adjust our endocrine, and generate heat help us better control our appetite and prevent our body from gaining weight.
- Improve back pain and shoulder and neck pain
Throughout the cold winter, the human body seems to be curled up, so the best thing to do in spring is to stretch, aim to wake up the body. Practicing yoga in spring will enhance the flexibility and strength of the body, and will improve back pain and shoulder and neck pain.
- Strong liver functioning in spring
The human liver corresponds to spring, and liver function is more vigorous in spring. The specific manifestation is that the function of liver main dredging and liver main dredging gradually increases. So spring is a good season to protect the liver, and spring yoga is a way to exercise to protect the liver.
Poses that suitable for spring yoga
This time of year, yoga practice should be stimulating and invigorating. This helps to jump-start sluggish digestion to get your lymph moving, prevent congestion and aid in the detox process.
- Sun Salutations: This sequence will help Pump Prana (breath) throughout the body, filling you with oxygen and livening your inner-body zest. Surya Namaskar, or Sun Salutation, is a series of postures that warms, strengthens, and aligns the entire body.
- Backbends: Bridge Pose is a yoga movement that stretches the chest, neck, and spine to calm the brain and helps reduce stress and mild depression. Wheel Pose (Urdhva Dhanurasana) is a backbend that is characterized as a beginner's backbend, but it still requires building up strength and flexibility to achieve it. It opens the chest, shoulders, and hips in a way that counteracts the typical modern-day sitting posture. Camel Pose, practicing it can sometimes stir up emotions and keep a calm awareness of feelings.
- Dynamic Forward Folds: Poses such as Seated Forward Fold, Rabbit Pose and Standing Forward Fold help to tone the kidneys and bladder, which regulate water and emotions in the body. Rabbit Pose is an asana that evokes nostalgia for childhood playfulness, a deep connection to nature, and the calm gentleness of bunnies. Its relaxing effect on the nervous system is an enormous bonus, and some people even find that practicing Rabbit Pose regularly helps them to fall asleep more easily.
- Wind-Removing Pose: This pose will help to stimulate the large intestine, aiding in detoxification. Pull right knee to the right shoulder. Keep elbows close to the body and relax the shoulders flat on the floor. Tuck chin into chest and keep left leg firmly on the floor; if left calf muscle lifts, flex the foot. Hold the pose for 10 seconds and remember to breathe.
- Try to avoid practice in windy places
Windy spring is also the season when bacterial diseases are easy to spread, so practicing in windy places is not good for health. In spring, the human body is very susceptible to wind evils, which can cause colds, tonsillitis, pneumonia and other diseases.
- Doing warming-up is respect for the body
The lack of proper warm-up is often an easily overlooked factor leading to yoga injuries. Any exercise needs to be warmed up to prevent sprains of ligaments and muscles，the inside of the body is also cold before exercise. However, if you can prepare enough for warm-up before the start of yoga practice, you can open up the body's meridians through basic stretching or rhythmic pose.
- Keep warm while practicing
At the beginning of the practice, it is not appropriate to take off the coat immediately. After warming up, the body starts to heat up and gradually reduce the coat. Wear a coat immediately after the exercise to prevent getting cold.
- Exercise properly
In order to lose weight, some people sweat too much every time they practice. However, excessive sweating can lead to loss of yang in the body, which directly leads to drowsiness and fatigue in summer. Therefore, yoga practice in spring should be based on "waking up" and not suitable for sweating too much.
- Breathe with the nose when practicing
You should get into the habit of breathing with your nose because the nose filters air and keeps your trachea and lungs free from dust and bacteria.
- Pay attention to the spring diet
Since the liver is also one of the five internal organs of the human body when spring, cold and sticky things should be eaten less to avoid harming the spleen and stomach. Besides, avoid sweet, sour, and salty foods (which cause water retention).
Therefore, in the spring, ginger, shallots, and chives should be eaten in moderation. Yellow-green vegetables such as carrots and cabbage should be eaten regularly. In the end, please avoid altogether the dairy and sweeteners (except raw honey).
Doing yoga in spring morning is perfect for this time of year! Yoga is not only a form of exercise but also a good habit that is worth exercising. Choose the appropriate poses according to our own physical conditions, so that you can exercise more healthily.
Check this yoga mat to feel the spring and it's time to awake your body!
Feel free to comment below, we will get back to you asap.
You may also like,